Mustelid Mothercare

Stoat, Cockley Cley
 
Another sunny day in Norfolk. I was taking my daughter to work this morning, at Bulldog Barns café., totally recommended. I had a fantastic breakfast there today. Very tasty.
After breakfast I decided to visit the raptor watch point. There were plenty of Common Buzzards, two, brief, Goshawks and a Red Kite. There were also Woodlark and Stone Curlew seen.
There were a few mammals with single Roe and Muntjac deer, lots of Brown Hares and a tireless, super focussed, all business Stoat.
In the space of 30 minutes this mighty Mustelid had carried six kits, one at a time, from their old den to their new one. It was at least 100 meters between dens so she had done 1200 meters and she carried a kit for 600 of the total. I would have been flat on my back after the first 50m.
 




Stoat and Kits moving home.


Comments

Translate